Picking food for fussy dogs can be frustrating. The first step is to ensure you are feeding your dog a complete and balanced diet. Generally speaking, smaller dogs tend to be pickier eaters than larger breeds. It is helpful to....Read More
NUTRITION FOR KITTENS
Nutrition for kittens is important for the first few months of a growing kitten’s life. Get a handle on the basics of feeding your kitten and hammer out a diet plan that meets her nutritional requirements.
feed her right from the start
Since kittens grow very quickly and go through two stages of growth before adulthood – babycat and kitten – they need a specific diet in each stage that meets all their basic nutritional needs in order to strengthen their immune systems, promote proper neurosensory development and facilitate bone growth.
choose a veterinarian
When it comes to questions about feeding times, quantities, or what brand of food will meet your kitten’s nutritional needs, all pet parents remember this simple mantra: Ask a vet.
Pick a veterinarian that has expertise in dealing with cats, is close to your home in case of emergencies and is open during hours convenient with your schedule. Also familiarize yourself with the after-hours emergency services available in your area. Don’t know where to begin? Check with friends and family members with pets. But make sure to meet the veterinarian and see the facilities to determine if they are the best option for you.
get to know your kitten
Kittens use different methods of communication depending on whether they want to make themselves understood by people or other animals.
- Rubbing against you – When your kitten rubs against you, she is sharing her scent and including you in her territory.
- Kneading – When your kitten kneads her paws at you for long periods, she is expressing intense pleasure.
- Rolling on the ground – When your kitten rolls on the ground as soon as she sees you, she is showing submission.
- Tail waving – When your kitten moves her tail, she is expressing irritation.
- Purring – When your kitten purrs, she is showing submission and contentment.
- Growling and hissing – When your kitten growls or hisses, she is trying to intimidate and may be foreshadowing an attack.
- Meowing – There are many types of meows, each expressing something different.
- Hiding – When your kitten hides, she may be feeling insecure, stressed or scared. Help your cat cope by providing a safe retreat.
Royal Canin’s 45 years of research and knowledge has enabled the company to provide precise nutritional answers for baby cats, kittens and cats.
Learn more at https://www.facebook.com/DHKSPetSuppliesPteLtd/
recent articles on petreview
our preferred partners
A pink cat house by KC Design Studio is dedicated to a couple’s love for their three cats. Cat-friendly features include cat ladders, a carousel climbing frame and a fluffy swing, all of which are in pink. With careers in....Read More
Abandoned in Mei Ling Street for a while, a rescuer has done her due diligence to track her owner and see if she is a lost cat since the cat pop-up out quite suddenly. No one has come forward to....Read More
Adopt a female tabby, she recently gave birth to three kittens. Found at Kaki Bukit, a rescuer took her home upon seeing some discharge. The cat gave birth the next day to three kittens. As the kittens are bigger than....Read More
No posts found!